BROOKINGS, S.D., May 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- England's National Stadium, Wembley Stadium in London, received a new integrated LED video display system designed, manufactured and installed by Daktronics (Nasdaq:DAKT) of Brookings, S.D. This system includes two main video displays with a unique curved aspect and a ribbon display that circles the entire interior of the stadium along the seating area.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=18929
"At Wembley Stadium we pride ourselves on providing fans and event owners with the best possible event-day experience," said Roger Maslin, Managing Director, Wembley National Stadium Limited. "As a stadium we strive to be the most technologically advanced and at the cutting edge of new innovation. With the exciting addition of the 360 ribbon and two main LED video displays in the stadium bowl, we can bring fans even closer to the action."The two main LED video displays each measure 8.15 meters high (26.5 feet) by 23.88 meters wide (78 feet) and each feature 15HD pixel layouts with a resolution of 528 pixels high by 1560 pixels wide. The displays are capable of showing one large image for live video and replays, or they can be sectioned into smaller windows to highlight a variety of graphics, animations, up-to-the-minute statistics, scoring information and sponsor advertisements. The video display technology incorporates excellent image clarity and contrast, multiple levels of protection from the outdoor elements, and an innovative concaved cabinet design and ventilation system. The ribbon display features 20 millimeter line spacing and measure 0.75 meters high (2.5 feet) by 612 meters (2,008 feet) in circumference with a resolution of 36 pixels high by 30,114 pixels wide. It provides the opportunity for stadium communication and to showcase sponsors throughout events.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV