SAO PAULO, May 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A. (BM&FBovespa: GOLL4 and NYSE: GOL) (S&P: B, Fitch: B-, Moody's: B3), the largest low-cost and low-fare airline in Latin America, hereby announces that it has filed a formal request with the National Civil Aviation Agency (ANAC) to expand its operations at Viracopos Airport, in Campinas. The company expects the beginning of six new daily flights (five to Santos Dumont/RJ and one to Brasilia) on September 1 st, 2013.
"With the expansion project at Campinas airport, we identified an opportunity for the company to grow in the region, absorbing the demand from cities such as Limeira, Jundiai, Piracicaba, Itu and Sorocaba, among others," explains Eduardo Bernardes, Gol's Commercial Officer. "Our aim is not to get passengers from Sao Paulo to depart via Viracopos, but to make the entire network of the company and its partners available to customers from Campinas and the region. In order to do this, we are already analyzing the possibility of offering buses departing from some of the cities located near Campinas, to facilitate the arrival at the airport. This measure will provide a comfortable, safe and practical arrival of our customers, as all the buses will be equipped with wifi, and the client may, for example, make the check-in."
In addition to these destinations, currently the company's customers can depart directly from Campinas to Brasilia, Belo Horizonte, Curitiba and Galeao, in Rio de Janeiro, and to all of GOL's other destinations through connecting flights.
For further information visit www.voegol.com.br/irCONTACTS INVESTOR RELATIONSPhone: +55 (11) 2128-4700E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.voegol.com.br/ri Twitter: @GOLinvest CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONSPhone: +55 (11) 2128-4183E-mail: email@example.com Twitter: @GOLcomunicacao
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV