TOKYO -- May 24, 2013 -- (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Internet Initiative Japan Inc. ("IIJ") (Nasdaq:IIJI) (TSE1:3774) today announced that at the meeting of the Board of Directors held on May 24, 2013, IIJ resolved to propose the partial amendment of its articles of incorporation at the 21 th Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders scheduled to be held on June 26, 2013, as described below:
1. Reason for amendments
(1) The Company's Board of Directors resolved at the meeting of the Board of Directors held on September 6, 2012, with the effective date of such resolution being October 1, 2012, to adopt the unit share system that sets a share-trading unit as 100 shares and simultaneously conduct a 1:200 stock split, along with the change of the total number of shares authorized to be issued from 377,600 shares to 75,520,000 shares, according to the amendment of the securities listing regulations, etc. of Tokyo Stock Exchange, Inc. in April 2012, whereby listed companies whose number of shares constituting a share-trading unit is a number other than 100 shares or 1,000 shares are obliged to set their number of shares constituting a share-trading unit as 100 shares.Accordingly, the Company proposes to establish new provisions of Article 8 (Rights Pertaining to Less-than-a-full-unit Shares) and Article 9 (Request to Purchase Less-than-a-full-unit Shares) to stipulate the rights pertaining to shares that do not constitute a full unit of shares. (2) To make the operations of general meetings of shareholders and Board of Directors' meetings more flexible, regarding Article 14 (Chairman) and Article 20 (Convocation of Meetings of the Board of Directors) of the present Articles of Incorporation, the Company proposes to change the chairman of a general meeting of shareholders and Board of Directors' meetings to be the directors who are each determined in advance by the Board of Directors.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts