NEW YORK, May 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Shareholders elected all nominated directors at the Annual Meeting of Stockholders for The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:NDAQ). Board members Steven D. Black, Börje E. Ekholm, Robert Greifeld, Glenn H. Hutchins, Essa Kazim, John D. Markese, Ellyn A. McColgan, Thomas F. O'Neill, James S. Riepe, Michael R. Splinter, and Lars R. Wedenborn were elected to their positions. All will serve one-year terms.
NASDAQ OMX shareholders also approved the following proposals:
- Ratification of the appointment of Ernst & Young LLP as NASDAQ OMX's independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2013;
- The company's executive compensation on an advisory basis;
- An amendment of NASDAQ OMX's Restated Certificate of Incorporation to remove and replace the supermajority voting requirements; and
- An amendment and restatement of NASDAQ OMX's Restated Certificate of Incorporation to make other non-substantive changes.
Subsequent to the Annual Meeting, the Board of Directors met and re-elected Börje E. Ekholm to serve as Chairman.About NASDAQ OMX Group The inventor of the electronic exchange, The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc., fuels economies and provides transformative technologies for the entire lifecycle of a trade - from risk management to trade to surveillance to clearing. In the U.S. and Europe, we own and operate 23 markets, 3 clearinghouses and 5 central securities depositories supporting equities, options, fixed income, derivatives, commodities, futures and structured products. Able to process more than 1 million messages per second at sub-40 microsecond speeds with 99.99+% uptime, our technology drives more than 70 marketplaces in 50 developed and emerging countries into the future, powering 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Our award-winning data products and worldwide indexes are the benchmarks in the financial industry. Home to over 3,300 listed companies worth more than $6 trillion in market cap whose innovations shape our world, we give the ideas of tomorrow access to capital today. Welcome to where the world takes a big leap forward, daily. Welcome to the NASDAQ OMX Century. To learn more, visit www.nasdaqomx.com. Follow us on Facebook ( www.facebook.com/NASDAQ) and Twitter ( www.twitter.com/nasdaqomx). (Symbol: NDAQ and member of S&P 500) NDAQF
CONTACT: NASDAQ OMX Media Contacts: Joe Christinat +1.646.441.5121 Joseph.Christinat@NASDAQOMX.com Wayne Lee +1.301.978.4875 Wayne.D.Lee@NASDAQOMX.com
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts