TULSA, Okla., May 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Helmerich & Payne, Inc. (the "Company") (NYSE:HP) announced today that it has agreed to sell four million shares of Atwood Oceanics, Inc. (ATW). Following completion of the sales, the Company's equity portfolio holdings will include four million ATW shares and 967,500 Schlumberger Limited (SLB) shares.
Company Chairman and CEO Hans Helmerich commented, "This satisfies our current objective for monetizing a portion of our equity investment in Atwood."
Helmerich & Payne, Inc. is primarily a contract drilling company. As of April 25, 2013, the Company's existing fleet included 302 land rigs in the U.S., 29 international land rigs and nine offshore platform rigs. The Company's global land fleet includes 300 FlexRigs®*.*FlexRig® is a registered trademark of Helmerich & Payne, Inc.
CONTACT: Investor Relations firstname.lastname@example.org (918) 588-5207
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV