OWINGS MILLS, Md., May 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Medifast, Inc. (NYSE: MED), a leading United States manufacturer and provider of clinically proven portion-controlled weight-loss products and programs, announced today the appointment of Jeannette M. Mills to Executive Vice President, Take Shape for Life, effective June 3, 2013. Mills has served on the Company's Board of Directors since 2008 and will report to Margaret Sheetz, President and Chief Operating Officer.
Mills joins Medifast having recently served as Vice President, Customer Operations and Chief Customer Officer at Baltimore Gas and Electric Company (BGE) where she directed all facets of customer engagement including customer operations and the company's call center. Prior to that, Mills oversaw the planning and operation of BGE's central Maryland natural gas distribution system. Other executive leadership positions held by Mills during her nearly 25-year career with BGE include gas and electric new business, electric system planning, resource management, project engineering and business transformation.
"Take Shape for Life continues to gain momentum and over the last few years we have built a very strong team with direct selling experience across field operations and training that will work directly with Jeannette," commented Michael C. MacDonald, Medifast's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "In Jeannette, we are gaining a seasoned executive with a proven track record of driving increased customer satisfaction through enhanced planning and operations. In particular, we believe Jeannette's extensive relationship management and employee development experience in a consumer-centric organization such as BGE will help our Take Shape for Life sales channel as we continue to focus on health coach growth and client retention across the U.S."In conjunction with this appointment, Ms. Mills will no longer serve on the Company's Board of Directors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV