HOUSTON, May 23, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Noble Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NBL) today announced that the company will donate $500,000 to support disaster-relief and recovery efforts for the communities affected by the devastating tornadoes that recently swept through central Oklahoma. The contribution includes a $500,000 cash donation to the American Red Cross Oklahoma Relief Fund and a commitment to match employee donations up to $1,000 per employee.
"From our founder's humble beginnings and the company's inception in Ardmore to the employees that live and work in the area, Oklahoma is a part of the fabric of Noble Energy," said Charles Davidson, chairman and CEO of Noble Energy. "We will stand with the communities of Oklahoma to help them recover from the damage and devastation caused by the tornadoes."
Noble Energy, a leading independent energy company engaged in worldwide oil and natural gas exploration and production, was founded by Lloyd Noble in 1932. The company was headquartered in Ardmore, Okla., for more than 70 years and continues to have an office there. Driven by its purpose – Energizing the World, Bettering People's Lives® – Noble Energy is an S&P 500 company with reserves of 1.2 billion barrels of oil equivalent and assets totaling more than $17 billion at year-end 2012. The company has more than 2,000 employees and core operations onshore in the U.S., primarily in the DJ Basin and Marcellus Shale, in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, offshore Eastern Mediterranean, and offshore West Africa. Noble Energy is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and is traded under the ticker symbol NBL. Further information is available at www.nobleenergyinc.com .SOURCE Noble Energy, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV