PHILADELPHIA, May 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Echo Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: ECTE), a company developing its needle-free Symphony ® CGM System as a non-invasive, wireless, transdermal continuous glucose monitoring system, today announced the successful unveiling and demonstration of its Symphony CGM System during a live webcast following yesterday's annual stockholders meeting. Additionally, the Company's stockholders approved all resolutions proposed by Echo Therapeutics' Board of Directors during the meeting.
A replay of the corporate presentation and demonstration of the features and functionality of the Symphony CGM System is available at http://discovervideo.com/events/echo/20130522/ or on our website at www.echotx.com under the Investors section.
"We are encouraged by the tremendously positive feedback we received from doctors, clinicians, and shareholders on Symphony's features and benefits that were demonstrated during the webcast. We believe that Symphony can improve glucose monitoring in hospitals and help alleviate the burden on both patients and caregivers," commented Patrick T. Mooney , M.D., Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Echo Therapeutics. "Additionally, we thank our shareholders for their participation in the proxy process and for supporting all of the Company's proposals."Stockholders approved the following Board proposals during the meeting:
- The election of Vincent D. Enright, a Class II director, to the Company's Board of Directors for a term of three years and the election of Robert F. Doman, a Class III director, to the Company's Board of Directors for a term of one year;
- The approval of an amendment to the Company's Certificate of Incorporation, as amended, to effect a reverse stock split by a ratio of not less than 1-for-2 and not more than 1-for-10 at any time prior to December 31, 2013, with the exact ratio to be set within this range by the Company's Board of Directors in its sole discretion;
- The approval of an amendment to the Company's 2008 Equity Incentive Plan to fix the aggregate number of shares of common stock subject to the 2008 Plan at 10,000,000 shares subject to the reverse stock split and after giving effect to the reverse stock split;
- The approval of an amendment to the Company's 2008 Equity Incentive Plan to fix the limitation on awards of stock options during any twelve-month period to any one participant at 425,000 shares, subject to the reverse stock split and after giving effect to the reverse stock split; and
- The ratification of the appointment of Wolf & Company, P.C. as the Company's independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2013.