Hurricane Preparedness Week Begins May 27 With Next Generation Of Mitigation Tools And Technology From FLASH
TALLAHASSEE, Fla., May 23, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- With just days until the start of hurricane season, the Federal Alliance for Safe Homes (FLASH)® is offering Mitigation 2.0 --- an "upgrade" to traditional family preparedness and home mitigation activities. Mitigation 2.0 combines safety with technology to empower families and streamline activities that strengthen homes and ensure that families are safe.
"Simplified, streamlined hurricane preparedness will help ensure that people are ready throughout the season," said FLASH President and CEO Leslie Chapman-Henderson. "For example, we've partnered with the country's premier weather data provider to offer a powerful, easy-to-use smartphone app that will give families the weather and mitigation information they want when they need it without unnecessary over alerting and confusion. That's the essence of Mitigation 2.0."
"No matter what type of threat a storm inflicts – wind or water – mitigation is an essential component of successful preparedness," said National Hurricane Center Director Dr. Rick Knabb. " Mitigation 2.0 leverages technology to deliver critical information with speed and ease so more families can prepare."
Each Mitigation 2.0 resource is aligned with the Hurricane Preparedness Week topic of the day to give families a streamlined path to hurricane readiness.Monday, May 27: Storm Surge
- " Turn Around, Don't Drown." Learn why with this safety animation.
- See what a flood can cost you with the Flood Damage Calculator.
- Learn how to conduct a Do-It-Yourself Wind Inspection and find the strengths and weaknesses of your home before the season starts with this video.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts