WALLDORF, Germany, May 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) was named among the top 20 most valuable global brands and the fastest-rising brand in the 2013 Brand Z Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands ranking. Reflecting the success of its customer-focused growth and innovation strategy, SAP achieved an impressive 34 percent rise in brand value, moving up to number 19 from the 23 rd position a year earlier. The study named SAP "Fastest Riser" for a remarkable 259 percent increase in brand value from 2006 to 2013. In addition, SAP was recognized as the top-ranked brand based in Continental Europe.
"While many technology brands were relatively flat, SAP's focus on innovation to make the world run better and improve people's lives is increasing the relevance, impact and value of the SAP brand," said Jonathan Becher, chief marketing officer, SAP. "The dramatic rise in brand value is a testament to the efforts of SAP leadership, employees and members of the SAP ecosystem who strive each day to create a more customer-centric experience of SAP."
Among the key factors in SAP's performance, the study noted that SAP has been "particularly responsible as a company," and that "this underpins a good reputation." Also contributing to the brand value is SAP's charge to help customers transform their businesses. "The performance coincided with SAP's shift in focus from helping customers become more efficient to helping them transform," the study said. "This change was most evident in SAP's in-memory offering, which it calls SAP HANA."The BrandZ research is conducted by WPP's Millward Brown Optimor. It differs from other brand valuation studies by including worldwide, quantitative consumer research along with the calculations of brand financial value and brand contribution.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV