Our Love Become a Funeral Pyre
This year, 2013, is nothing like 1967. No year can be. But death still looms, hedonism is still attractive, summer is still hot and sensual. A similar disconnect again exists between the halls of power and the paths of personal experience. The Baby Boomers especially, faced with far fewer summers left to them, are primed for another seize-the-moment season.
Manzarek's death, along with that of Woodstock star Richie Havens a few weeks earlier, will act as a catalyst, sparking a renewed interest in "Light My Fire" in particular -- a great song as well as a great emblem.
Look for lots of air play in the coming weeks, and in coming months look for remakes from younger artists (egged on by some gray-haired suit with a hookah stashed on his trophy case in the record label's back office), look for it to turn up as a last-minute addition to summer blockbuster movies or as theme music for just about anything exciting that happens during the month of July.
And if none of that happens, it's still a great song.-- Written by Carlton Wilkinson in Asbury Park Follow @CarltonTSC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV