Tel Aviv Stock Exchange Bi Weekly Review: 12-23 May 2013
TEL AVIV, Israel, May 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Trading on the Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE) during the last two weeks ended up for all leading TASE indices.
TA-25The TA-25 index increased 1.0% over the last two weeks, bringing year-to-date increase to 2.5% . TA-100 The TA-100 index increased 1.4% over the last two weeks, bringing year-to-date increase to 4.0% . Government Bonds This last two weeks the Ministry of Finance (MoF) floated US $0.8 billion government bonds in offerings on the local market. From the beginning of 2013 the MoF raised US $7.5 billion in public bond offerings. Corporate Bonds Seven companies raised US $0.4 billion in public bond offerings this last two weeks. Since the beginning of the year the business sector raised US $4.1 billion through bond offerings. Real Estate companies stood out, raising 38% of the total. Share Offerings Five companies raised US $80 million in share offerings this last two weeks. Since the beginning of the year the business sector raised US $0.6 billion through share offerings. BOI Interest Rate The Bank of Israel lowered the interest rate, for the first time this year, by one quarter of a percent, to 1.5%, starting 17 May 2013. CPI Index Figures released by the Central Bureau of Statistics indicate that in April 2013 the Consumer Price Index increased 0.4%, bringing the total for the first trimester to 0.4%, after an increase of only 1.6% for the entire 2012 year. Growth Rate Figures released by the Central Bureau of Statistics indicate that economic growth came to 2.8% (annualized) in the first quarter of 2013, compared to 2.6% in the previous quarter and 2.8% in the third quarter of 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV