13,000 TELUS volunteers come together for eighth annual TELUS Day of Giving Canadians invited to show how we #givewherewelive
VANCOUVER, May 23, 2013 /CNW/ - On Saturday, May 25, thousands of TELUS team members and retirees, friends and family, across Canada will take part in the eighth annual TELUS Day of Giving.
"TELUS Day of Giving is always an exceptional opportunity for our TELUS team members, retirees, their friends and family members to make a meaningful difference in their local communities across Canada," said Darren Entwistle, TELUS President and CEO. "Guided by our deeply rooted philosophy - we give where we live - our 13,000 volunteers will be undertaking more than 500 activities nationwide such as helping at children's hospitals, feeding homeless citizens, sorting thousands of pounds of food bank donations and completing ecological face lifts at community parks."
This year, TELUS is extending its Give Where We Live philosophy to its customers and business partners by inviting them to join in for TELUS Day of Giving. Additionally, Canadians are invited to show us how they give where we live. Now until June 15, take a photo, upload, tweet or Instagram it with the hashtag #givewherewelive to givewherewelive.ca and tell us how you give back to your community. At the end of the campaign, you could be one of 10 Canadians who will receive $10,000 to make a donation to your favourite charity and truly make a difference."Since its inception in 2006, TELUS Day of Giving has mobilized more than 65,465 TELUS team members, retirees, family and friends to volunteer at 1,650 activities benefiting the communities where we live, work and serve," continued Mr. Entwistle. "That adds up to 192,545 hours of painting, gardening, planting trees, landscaping, cooking, serving lunch, sorting cans of food, sewing and much more for citizens in need of a helping hand."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV