A reasonable investment strategy for shares of RTN would be to buy a tranche during the current market conditions. If the shares correct appreciably between now and the next earnings date (July 22, 2013), use it as an opportunity to buy your second tranche. It's a smart bet for dollar-cost averaging.
Like all of the big defense companies it literally pays to own RTN and patiently hold it. With an industry-friendly defense secretary in D.C. and the Fed keeping its monetary policies in super-accommodation mode, all of the Big Four should do quite well going forward. I just happen to think RTN is the best deal.
At the time of publication, Courtenay had no positions in stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV