"You can't really have both: it's either the Chinese investors are buying gold and the economy is good, but right now the economy doesn't look that good in China," Jacobs said in an interview. "The question is, are there going to be Chinese buyers of gold?"
A major shift in gold prices could next occur in mid-June when the Fed releases it's next policy-making statement. That statement will emerged June 19, when the central bank will also issue its U.S. economic projections and when Chairman Bernanke will hold his next press conference.
"Gold's going to stay in a technical trading zone right now," said Jonathan Rose, chief executive of Capital Gold Group. "The volumes of gold being traded is definitely down."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV