ANN ARBOR, Mich., May 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Con-way Freight, a less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier and subsidiary of Con-way Inc. (NYSE: CNW), today announced that 11 of its top truck maintenance technicians will compete in the Technology & Maintenance Council's (TMC) annual SuperTech skills competition this September in Pittsburgh.
SuperTech is a national technician skills competition to determine the industry's top maintenance technicians through a variety of troubleshooting tests over a two-day event. Finalists compete in groups of six through various hands-on workstations and are judged on their ability to understand service information, follow complex diagnostic processes and solve problems under a strict time limit.
"Our technicians play a valuable role at Con-way Freight, ensuring all equipment is operating at peak performance and quickly resolving any issues that may arise," said Tim Staroba, senior director of maintenance for Con-way Freight. "They help ensure that our equipment remains in top operating shape, safe and reliable. We're thrilled to send 11 of our top people to compete nationally."Con-way Freight will send the following technicians from its national network of shops to the competition:
- Greg Kereluik, Detroit
- William Stroud, Shreveport, La.
- Glenroy Schad, Phoenix
- Richard Fasoli, Springfield, Mass.
- John Green, Des Plaines, Ill.
- Nick Lazaroff, Minneapolis
- Ken Walsh, Phoenix
- Steve Ard, Shreveport, La.
- Jonathan Joubert, Shreveport, La.
- Tony Hedgecock, Charlotte, N.C.
- Jose Parraguez, Carlstadt, N.J.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts