PARSIPPANY, N.J. and PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla., May 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PGA TOUR and Avis Car Rental announced today that Masters champion Adam Scott has been voted the April PGA TOUR Player of the Month presented by Avis. As the official rental car company of the PGA TOUR, Avis will make a $50,000 contribution to the Adam Scott Foundation.
In a fan decision on PGATOUR.COM, Scott earned 58 percent of the vote and outpolled Billy Horschel (Zurich Classic of New Orleans), Graeme McDowell (RBC Canadian Open) and Martin Laird (Valero Texas Open). The four were nominated by a panel of national media for their performances during the month of March.
"I would like to share my appreciation for all the fans that voted for me for PGA TOUR Player of the Month presented by Avis," said Scott. "We will be able to further my foundation's mission of working with young people in Australia and Asia."Scott became the first Australian to win the Masters Tournament, defeating Angel Cabrera on the second hole of sudden death with a birdie after posting rounds of 69-72-69-69—279. The historic win was the ninth of Scott's career and he moved into the top 10 in the FedExCup standings. "We love how engaged the PGA TOUR fans are in voting each month," said Jeannine Haas, chief marketing officer, Avis Budget Group. "We're proud to name Adam Scott April's PGA TOUR Player of the Month and donate $50,000 to the Adam Scott Foundation for his achievement." The Adam Scott Foundation was founded in Australia in 2005 and expanded the Foundation to Asia in 2008. The foundation is dedicated to provide support for causes that effect youth in Australia and Asia and to best allow for positive change. The Foundation raises funds through partnerships and donations from corporate supporters and individuals with 100 percent of donations assisting planned projects.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV