BOSTON, May 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- John Hancock Funds today announced that the John Hancock Short Duration Credit Opportunities Fund (Class A: JMBAX, Class I: JMBIX) and the John Hancock Global High Yield Fund (Class A: JYGAX, Class I: JYGIX) are now available to retail investors. For the past three and a half years, the funds were available to investors only through John Hancock's asset allocation strategies.
The funds are managed by Stone Harbor Investment Partners LP, a global institutional fixed income investment firm based in New York specializing in credit and asset allocation strategies.
"With the wider availability of these two funds, we are deepening the range of fixed income asset management solutions we are able to offer investors," said Andrew G. Arnott, President & CEO, John Hancock Funds. "The funds, managed by Stone Harbor – a premier global credit and fixed income asset allocation manager – exemplify John Hancock's culture of putting investors first, and our 'best of breed, manager of managers' model."
For the three-year period ended April 30, 2013, the John Hancock Short Duration Credit Opportunities Fund Class A shares rank in the top 31 percent (30 out of 94) of Morningstar's Nontraditional Bond category; the John Hancock Global High Yield Fund Class A shares rank in the top 18 percent (41 out of 222) of Morningstar's Multi-sector Bond category.The John Hancock Short Duration Credit Opportunities Fund and the John Hancock Global High Yield Fund are managed by portfolio teams at Stone Harbor led by the firm's chief investment officer, Peter J. Wilby, CFA. "We're very pleased to continue developing our strategic partnership with John Hancock, which now enters a third decade. We are proud to offer these two new global credit allocation strategies for individual and institutional clients," said Mr. Wilby.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV