Today, Visa also announced the appointment of Elizabeth Buse to lead the newly created Global Solutions organization. In this capacity, Buse will manage the next generation of products and services in areas including mobile, information products and processing. She also will be responsible for CyberSource, Merchant Sales, and for building out the Merchant Solutions function, which will deliver new products and services designed to help our merchant clients grow their businesses more efficiently and effectively. For the past three years, Ms. Buse has successfully led Visa's business in the fast growing Asia Pacific, Central Europe, Middle East and Africa region.
"I am thrilled to have someone of Elizabeth's caliber leading this important effort. Elizabeth has proven management capabilities, experience leading a major part of our business, passion for developing transformative products and deep knowledge of and credibility in our industry," said Scharf.
In addition, Visa has appointed Bill Sheedy to lead corporate strategy, mergers and acquisitions, government relations as well as several other strategic initiatives to ensure Visa maintains its leadership position and strong client relationships in the payments industry. Mr. Sheedy previously managed Visa's business across some of its largest geographies - North America, Central America, South America and the Caribbean.
"Over the last five years Visa has grown impressively, thanks in significant part to Bill's leadership of the Americas. We are fortunate to have someone with Bill's experience to help guide our organization into the future," said Scharf.Scharf added, "I believe the changes we are making harness the expertise and great talent that already exists within the company, while infusing our organization with new experience and perspective essential for us to continue to lead."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV