FOSTER CITY, Calif., May 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) today announced the appointment of Ryan McInerney as President of Visa Inc. In this role, Mr. McInerney will be responsible for Visa's global client organization, product management as well as a new solutions group, which will focus on building and bringing to market new products and services to Visa's issuer, acquirer and merchant clients. Mr. McInerney will report to Charlie Scharf, CEO of Visa Inc.
"I have worked closely with Ryan for many years and know him to have extensive payments knowledge, be a tremendous leader and a great executive capable of motivating and managing large groups of people. I am confident he will be a great fit and asset to the organization," said Charlie Scharf, CEO of Visa Inc. "As Visa seeks to find new ways to partner with and add value to our clients, I believe Ryan's client focus and deep understanding of the industry will be invaluable."
Mr. McInerney joins Visa from JP Morgan Chase where he was the CEO of Consumer Banking, a banking network with 5,600 branches, more than 75,000 employees and approximately $14 billion in revenue. Previously, Ryan held several senior positions at JP Morgan Chase including roles in operations, risk management, product management and marketing. He also served on the company's executive committee. Prior to joining JP Morgan Chase, Ryan was a principal at McKinsey & Company in the firm's retail banking and payments practices.
"I am thrilled to join an incredible company at such an exciting time. As the global leader in payments, Visa has helped its clients tremendously by driving the global migration to electronic payments. I look forward to working with the Visa team to prepare for the many opportunities ahead and finding new ways to help our partners grow their businesses," said Mr. McInerney.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV