Preliminary First Quarter 2013 Results rue21 also announced preliminary earnings per share and comparable store sales results for the first quarter ending April 30, 2013. Net sales for the quarter increased 9.1%, while comparable store sales decreased 4.6% from the year-ago quarter. Diluted EPS is expected to be $0.44.
Commenting on the results, Fisch said, "This quarter rue21 was impacted by the same challenges that affected the entire industry – unseasonably cool weather, higher payroll taxes and delayed tax refunds. All of these factors affected shopping patterns and resulted in a tougher quarter than we had forecasted in terms of sales growth. Looking ahead we expect both the weather and consumer spending to improve and believe our 2013 strategic initiatives, including opening 125 stores in 2013, will allow us to deliver consistent, strong profit growth to our stakeholders."
rue21 will announce full first quarter fiscal 2013 results on June 5, 2013, and host a conference call that day at 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time. The conference call will also be webcast live at www.rue21.com under the Investor Relations section. A replay of this call will be available on the Investor Relations section of the Company's website, www.rue21.com , within two hours of the conclusion of the call and will remain on the website for 90 days.
Additional Transaction DetailsThe transaction is expected to close before the end of calendar 2013, subject to approval by the majority of the stockholders unaffiliated with the SKM II funds as well as customary closing conditions. The transaction is not subject to financing. Following completion of the transaction, rue21 will remain headquartered in Warrendale, Pennsylvania. Perella Weinberg Partners is acting as financial advisor to the Special Committee of the rue21 Board of Directors. Kirkland & Ellis LLP and Potter Anderson & Corroon LLP are acting as legal advisors to the Special Committee.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV