Cencosud SA Stock Downgraded (CNCO)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- CENCOSUD SA's earnings per share declined by 7.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, CENCOSUD SA reported lower earnings of $0.67 versus $0.72 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Food & Staples Retailing industry average. The net income has decreased by 5.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $197.91 million to $187.83 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.04 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.41, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Food & Staples Retailing industry and the overall market, CENCOSUD SA's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for CENCOSUD SA is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 30.30%. Regardless of CNCO's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CNCO's net profit margin of 3.59% compares favorably to the industry average.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100% See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts