GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., May 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- X-Rite, Incorporated and Pantone LLC, today announced that Procter & Gamble (NYSE: PG), the company behind consumer brands including Gillette ®, Tide ® and Pampers ®, has implemented PantoneLIVE™, a cloud-based color service, to improve operational efficiency in packaging execution. With color so critically tied to brand equity, maintaining color consistency on product packaging is essential for brand recognition and ensuring consumer confidence and delight.
"PantoneLIVE is an efficient, effective and seamless technology that saves time and money, and helps ensure design intent makes it to shelf, whether we are creating a new Charmin
® package design, proofing an Olay
® label, mixing ink for Tide
® packaging or assessing the quality of Gillette
® packaging on press," said
Phil Duncan, global design officer at P&G. "PantoneLIVE is an excellent solution for simplifying how we access digital color palettes for design, proofing and print. When fully implemented, the productivity benefits will be significant – both internally for P&G and for our suppliers."
To facilitate color standardization across all materials in the production process, P&G now has the ability to upload proprietary color palettes onto PantoneLIVE's secure, cloud-based portal, which suppliers can instantly access from around the world. This centralized color communication process helps minimize color revisions and reduce approval times, creating go-to-market efficiencies and, ultimately, lower development costs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV