This Tweet best captures the essence of the reaction and might be one of the best compliments I've ever received:
That's what it's all about. Sometimes I'll write something you disagree with. It might even anger you. However, times come along when we see 100% eye-to-eye.
However, few people in the financial media step out of the journalist suit and reflect what they think their audience is thinking. An even smaller number have the guts to state it the way many members of their audience might say it among friends. I'm convinced the ones who do end up most successful in this business. Anyhow, when Tim Cook schooled Congress over taxes, I just so happened to have a consensus reaction. The article came together. Fists were pumped. Chests were bumped. No joke. It feels nice to be really popular sometimes. That said, I have heard a few people associate Cook's performance in front of the morons we elect to "represent us" with some turning point as it relates to Apple's long-term future. I can't get on board with that. While what Cook did impressed me, it did not come as a surprise.
Nobody -- at least not me -- ever accused the guy of being an idiot. Just the opposite. He's smart and one hell of a businessman. He's just not the visionary Apple requires at the helm. Capitol Hill spectacle notwithstanding, the story remains the same: Yes. Apple Still Dominates. However ... Follow @rocco_thestreet --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV