THOUSAND OAKS, Calif., May 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN) today announced voting results from the Company's Annual Meeting of Stockholders, held in Westlake Village, Calif. Approximately 87.80 percent of outstanding shares were represented at the meeting.
The director nominees David Baltimore, Frank J. Biondi, Jr., Robert A. Bradway, Francois de Carbonnel, Vance D. Coffman, Robert A. Eckert, Rebecca M. Henderson, Frank C. Herringer, Tyler Jacks, Gilbert S. Omenn, Judith C. Pelham, Leonard D. Schaeffer and Ronald D. Sugar were each re-elected to Amgen's Board of Directors. Each director received at least 89.51 percent of the votes cast "For." J. Paul Reason (USN Retired) is retiring from the Board. With the re-election of all of the director nominees, and the retirement of Admiral Reason, Amgen currently has 13 directors.
With approximately 98.55 percent of the votes cast "For," stockholders ratified Ernst & Young as Amgen's independent registered public accountants for the year ending Dec. 31, 2013.Stockholders approved, on an advisory basis, the named executive officer compensation, commonly known as "Say-on-Pay." The non-binding proposal gives stockholders the opportunity to endorse or not endorse Amgen's executive pay programs and policies. Say-on-Pay received approximately 85.69 percent of the votes cast "For" the proposal. Stockholders approved the amendment and restatement of the Amgen Inc. 2009 Equity Incentive Plan (the "Amended Plan"). The Amended Plan increases the authorized number of shares of Common Stock issuable under the plan and satisfies stockholder approval requirements for performance-based awards under the Internal Revenue Code. The Amended Plan was approved with approximately 81.89 percent of votes cast "For."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV