3. As of noon trading, AES ( AES) is up $0.14 (1.06) to $13.14 on average volume Thus far, 3.1 million shares of AES exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $12.95-$13.24 after having opened the day at $13.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.00. The AES Corporation, a power company, operates a portfolio of electricity generation and distribution businesses. Its Generation business owns and/or operates power plants to generate and sell power to wholesale customers, such as utilities and other intermediaries. AES has a market cap of $9.7 billion and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are up 21.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate AES a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates AES as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its revenue growth. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally higher debt management risk and disappointing return on equity. Get the full AES Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts