3. As of noon trading, Celanese Corporation ( CE) is up $0.84 (1.68) to $50.84 on average volume Thus far, 672,095 shares of Celanese Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $49.59-$51.12 after having opened the day at $49.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.00. Celanese Corporation engages in manufacture and sale of value-added chemicals, thermoplastic polymers, and other chemical-based products. The company operates in four segments: Advanced Engineered Materials, Consumer Specialties, Industrial Specialties, and Acetyl Intermediates. Celanese Corporation has a market cap of $7.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 12.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Celanese Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Celanese Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Celanese Corporation Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts