DEARBORN, Mich. , May 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford Motor Company and its dealers announce $400,000 in donations following the destructive Oklahoma tornadoes
- Donations include $250,000 from Ford Motor Company Fund to the American Red Cross and $150,000 from Oklahoma Ford Dealers to the United Way
- Ford Motor Company also is donating a Ford Transit Connect van to the American Red Cross, and providing $500 for drivers with tornado-damaged vehicles in affected areas toward the purchase of a new Ford vehicle
As Oklahoma residents struggle to rebuild their lives after this week's devastating tornadoes, Ford Motor Company and its dealers are donating $400,000 to assist with relief efforts. Ford Motor Company also is donating a Ford Transit Connect van to the American Red Cross for relief services and emergency preparedness education.
Ford Motor Company Fund will match donations up to $250,000 from its employees, dealers and the public in support of relief efforts by the American Red Cross.The Oklahoma Ford Dealers group is contributing $150,000 to the United Way. Also, Ford Motor Company is providing $500 in new vehicle purchase assistance to residents in affected areas whose vehicles were damaged by the tornadoes. "The impact of these tornadoes is devastating on thousands of families," said Jim Vella, president, Ford Motor Company Fund and Community Services. "We know there is great need for assistance, and Ford, its dealers and employees are coming together to provide needed resources. Please join us by donating through the link below." Donations made through this link will be matched by Ford Motor Company up to $250,000: http://american.redcross.org/ford-pub. "Oklahoma Ford dealers encourage everyone to step up to help those impacted by these devastating tornadoes," said Craig Billingsley, chairman of the Oklahoma Ford Dealers. "We know how much this tragedy is impacting our customers, neighbors and friends," he added. Ford Motor Company is an active partner in the Red Cross Disaster Responder program. Through this program, a select group of companies pledge donations on an ongoing basis in advance of major disasters, which helps the Red Cross ensure an immediate response to meet the needs of those affected by disasters. Ford Motor Company has partnered with the American Red Cross for more than 30 years. About Ford Motor Company Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) , a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 175,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com . About Ford Motor Company Fund and Community Services Ford Motor Company Fund and Community Services works with community partners to advance driving safety, education and community life. For more than 60 years, Ford Motor Company Fund has operated with ongoing funding from Ford Motor Company. The award-winning Ford Driving Skills for Life program teaches new drivers through a variety of hands-on and interactive methods. Innovation in education is encouraged through programs that enhance high school learning and provide college scholarships and university grants. Through the Ford Volunteer Corps, 25,000 Ford employees and dealers work on projects each year that better their communities in 30 countries. For more information, visit www.community.ford.com . SOURCE Ford Motor Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV