Plus, the company hasn't even rolled out plans for a loyalty or affinity program. I think that, judging by the Starbucks (SBUX)-like mindset of Whole Foods -- Starbucks being the best of the loyalty-program issuers -- this could be an instant boost to sales. Do not underrate the process of hospitality, as restaurateur Danny Meyer has taught us well, as it can be the most powerful force to get lifetime customers, exactly whom Whole Foods is looking for.
Another catalyst out there might be the opening of the Brooklyn, N.Y., location in November. I have been watching the construction of this amazing, giant-sized store, replete with a 25,000 square foot greenhouse up top, and have marveled at how a borough of 2 million people is just now getting a Whole Foods. It is a reminder of just how much runway there really is for this company.
Whole Foods splits 2-for-1 next week. I know it sounds silly right now, but splits are working for companies with loyal users. This stock isn't done going higher. In fact, it is just now breaking out, and it is setting the stage for multiyear expansion -- and, yes, multiyear multiple expansion -- as the path to long-term growth becomes clear once again.
Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, has no positions in the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV