SIERRA VISTA, Ariz., May 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Sierra Vista, Ariz., Chamber of Commerce named Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) its 2013 Large Business of the Year.
The award was given in recognition of Northrop Grumman's active role in the community, which includes the 2011 establishment of Innovation Campus in Sierra Vista. This community outreach program supports science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) initiatives that encourage youth to pursue educational opportunities in STEM fields of study.
"Our employees and their commitment to this community are what set us apart from others," said Steve Pedigo, Northrop Grumman's corporate lead executive for the Fort Huachuca, Ariz., region. "They're dedicated to supporting local programs that improve education, human services and the environment while also promoting awareness and diversity – not to mention that our employees fervently support our troops and our veterans, both on the job and off."Northrop Grumman and its employees have a long history of supporting philanthropic organizations in Sierra Vista and throughout Cochise County, Ariz. Employees support award-winning robotics teams and mentor seniors at the University of Arizona. Employees also dedicate numerous hours to fundraising for the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life, collecting donations for the local food bank and supporting other charities throughout the community. Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information. 0513-147 SOURCE Northrop Grumman Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV