LOS ANGELES and NEW YORK, May 22, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Safeway Foundation and Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C), a program of the Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF), have teamed up to develop a print, radio and digital public service announcement featuring actress and SU2C Ambassador Marcia Cross. The PSA is designed to increase awareness for the fight against prostate cancer.
Prostate cancer is the second-leading cause of cancer death for men in the United States and currently affects more than two million American men. One in six men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime.
Debuting this June, the public service campaign coincides with Safeway's annual in-store Prostate Cancer Awareness fundraiser, providing customers with multiple opportunities to give at more than 1,400 Safeway stores across the United States. The public service campaign will continue through the month, which includes the national observance of Father's Day on Sunday, June 16.At the center of the public service campaign is a limited edition, reusable shopping bag, embossed with the words, "It starts with a wish; it can end with a cure." The bag will be available for purchase at all Safeway banner stores, including Vons, Pavilions, Tom Thumb, Randalls, Dominick's, and Carrs stores, as well as online at safewayfoundation.org. Proceeds will support accelerated prostate cancer research. Additionally, Safeway shoppers will have a chance to make a separate donation at check-out. Emmy Award and Golden Globe nominee Marcia Cross is best known for her roles on the award-winning series Desperate Housewives and the original Melrose Place. "I've seen too many men in my life affected by cancer," said Cross. "I am proud to be a part of the effort to support important cancer research that can save lives. My hope is that we can help increase survivorship among men affected by prostate cancer."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV