WARREN, N.J., May 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ANADIGICS, Inc. (Nasdaq: ANAD), a world leader in radio frequency (RF) solutions, today announced that its AWL9281 and AWL9581 WiFi front-end integrated circuits (FEICs) have been selected for use with the industry's first 802.11ac 4x4 wireless solution. With multiple input, multiple output (MIMO) 802.11ac connectivity and beamforming technology, devices using this reference design will utilize up to four FEICs simultaneously to achieve seamless wireless throughput of high-bandwidth data. The 4x4 system on chip (SoC) solution coupled with ANADIGICS' 802.11ac FEICs is optimized for infrastructure and multimedia applications, including gateways, routers, access points, gaming platforms, set-top boxes, and media servers.
"We are very pleased to be selected for the industry's first 802.11ac 4x4 reference design," said Dave Cresci, vice president of WiFi Products at ANADIGICS. "Our FEICs continue to set the standard with industry-leading linearity, noise figure, and thermal characteristics. This level of performance ensures maximum throughput at extended range and excellent thermal management in MIMO implementations with multiple amplification paths. With ANADIGICS' WiFi FEICs, manufacturers are able to develop next-generation devices for the most demanding wireless networking and multimedia applications."
ANADIGICS' 802.11ac FEICs leverage the Company's exclusive InGaP- Plus™ technology and patented design architectures to combine a high performance power amplifier (PA), low-noise amplifier (LNA), and RF switch on a single die. This level of integration greatly improves manufacturability and reliability, while reducing PCB space requirements and simplifying RF front-end design to speed time-to-market. ANADIGICS' WiFi solutions also deliver industry-leading thermal performance, ensuring proper thermal management in MIMO applications that utilize multiple FEICs. The complete family of FEICs provides outstanding error vector magnitude (EVM) and noise figure performance, which enables ultra-high data throughput.ANADIGICS 802.11ac WiFi FEIC Family Key Facts and Highlights:
- Ultra-low EVM in the toughest 802.11ac modulation formats, enabling extremely high transmission data rates
- Best-in-class power efficiency for improved thermal characteristics to support MIMO applications
- Industry-leading integration of the PA, LNA, and Tx/Rx switch to simplify RF design and reduce time-to-market
- Compact 2.5 mm x 2.5 mm x 0.4 mm QFN package with a high-accuracy, integrated power detector, and RF ports internally matched to 50 Ohms to reduce PCB space requirements
- ANADIGICS LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Photos: http://www.flickr.com/anadigics_inc
- ANADIGICS Video: http://www.youtube.com/anadigics