SANTA CLARA, Calif.
May 22, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Synaptics Inc. (NASDAQ: SYNA), a leading developer of human interface solutions, today announced the ClearPad
S7500, the latest addition to Synaptics' industry-leading ClearPad line of clear capacitive touchscreen solutions. The ClearPad S7500 removes barriers to the adoption of large, high-performance touchscreens in today's mainstream notebook PCs and high-end tablets by offering a highly advanced, yet flexible and cost-effective, solution for screens up to 15.6".
To date, large capacitive touchscreens in notebooks and premium tablets have been difficult to implement, adding excess thickness, weight and cost to designs. However, as exciting new applications and operating systems, such as Windows 8 and 8.1, emerge with increasing focus on touch and pen capabilities, Synaptics eliminates these difficulties with a range of unique integration features only available with the ClearPad S7500.
ClearPad S7500 Key Benefits:
- Extreme Performance. The advanced touch controller silicon architecture and algorithms, along with high sensing channel count, enable the S7500 to provide the most accurate finger and small object detection on the market, along with faster report rates and superior noise resistance.
- Ultimate Flexibility. The S7500 accommodates a wide range of advanced touch sensor technology stackups, such as On-Glass-Solution (OGS) and Ultra-Thin Discrete, and is compatible with emerging sensor materials like metal mesh. This flexibility allows OEMs to add touch to their latest designs with little to no added thickness or weight, and minimizing added component and manufacturing costs. This design flexibility will support future generations as sensor technology continues to evolve.
- Active Stylus Tracking. Synaptics' active stylus technology enables finely detailed drawing and writing without compromising industry leading finger touch performance, and without the need for additional sensor hardware in the computing device. The fine-tipped active stylus supports advanced features such as hover detection and pressure reporting to the host application, enabling very rich stylus usage models without adding cost, thickness, or manufacturing complexity to the device.
- Robust Performance. Advanced algorithms enable robust and accurate multitouch performance under a wide range of scenarios, such as in the presence of moisture or with gloved fingers.
- Easy Integration. A low-profile single-ASIC solution, the S7500 is designed for simple integration with very small discrete component requirements and minimal physical and electrical footprints. This also affords lower power consumption and a reduced total bill of materials for OEMs.
"Capacitive touch has become the defacto human interface for today's small form factor computing devices like smartphones and tablets, but has seen slower integration in larger computing devices due to design challenges and high costs," said
, senior vice president and general manager, Smart Display Division (SDD), Synaptics. "With the introduction of the game changing ClearPad S7500, barriers are broken down, making it simple and cost-effective for OEMs to embrace the large touchscreen for a range of new computing devices and form factors."
To experience the ClearPad S7500, customers and suppliers are encouraged to contact their Synaptics partner to arrange a meeting time in Synaptics' private suite at Computex in
June 4-8, 2013
(Grand Hyatt Taipei, Suite 1141). Media are encouraged to contact
to arrange a meeting time.
The Synaptics ClearPad S7500 has been sampling since first quarter of 2013 supporting design efforts of PC and Mobile OEMs. These devices are expected to become available to consumers starting in third quarter of 2013.
For up-to-the-minute Synaptics news, follow
on Twitter. For more information on Synaptics' products and solutions please visit
As a leading developer of human interface solutions which enhance the user experience, Synaptics provides the broadest touch solutions portfolio in the industry. The ClearPad™ family supports touchscreen solutions for devices ranging from entry-level mobile phones to flagship premium smartphones, tablets and notebook PCs. The TouchPad™ family, including ClickPad
and ForcePad™, is integrated into the majority of today's notebook PCs. Synaptics' wide portfolio also includes ThinTouch
supporting thin and light keyboard solutions, as well as key technologies for next generation touch-enabled video and display applications.
Synaptics, ClearPad and the Synaptics logo are trademarks of Synaptics in
the United States
and/or other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
For further information, please contact:
Nick Rottler Synaptics 408-454-5388
Starlayne MezaText 100 Global Communications415-593-8431