In addition to the recurrent GBM study in G-200, a Phase 2 trial testing Prophage Series G-100 in patients with newly diagnosed glioma is ongoing. In this trial, G-100 is being used with the standard of care, which includes Temodar (Merck; temozolomide) and radiation.
Dr. Parsa has not received any financial support or travel expense reimbursement for this work or for consulting activities on behalf of Agenus. Dr. Parsa does not have an equity interest in Agenus or a financial relationship with the company.
About the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology at NCI
The Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology is an NCI cooperative group formed by the merger of the American College of Surgeons Oncology Group (ACOSOG), Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB), and the North Central Cancer Treatment Group (NCCTG).
Agenus Inc. is a biotechnology company working to develop treatments for cancers and infectious diseases. The company is focused on immunotherapeutic products based on strong platform technologies with multiple product candidates advancing through the clinic, including several product candidates that have advanced into late-stage clinical trials through corporate partners. Between Agenus and its partners, 19 programs are in clinical development. For more information, please visit
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding potential clinical trial activities, outcome benefits, and funding sources. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially. These risks and uncertainties include, among others, the factors described under the Risk Factors section of our Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission for the period ended March 31, 2013. Agenus cautions investors not to place considerable reliance on the forward-looking statements contained in this release. These statements speak only as of the date of this document, and Agenus undertakes no obligation to update or revise the statements. All forward-looking statements are expressly qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement. Agenus' business is subject to substantial risks and uncertainties, including those identified above. When evaluating Agenus' business and securities, investors should give careful consideration to these risks and uncertainties.
- Cancer Statistics Registrations, England (Series MB1), No. 41 2010 release. http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/vsob1/cancer-statistics-registrations--england--series-mb1-/no--41--2010/sty-brain-cancer-awareness.html
- Central Brain Tumor Registry of the United States (CBTRUS) 2010 CBTRUS statistical report: primary brain and central nervous system tumors diagnosed in the United States in 2004-2006. http://www.cbtrus.org/reports/reports.html
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network clinical practice guidelines in oncology-central nervous system cancers. v.1.2010.
- Stupp, R., et al., Radiotherapy plus concomitant and adjuvant temozolomide for glioblastoma. N Engl J Med, 2005. 352(10): p. 987-96.
- Wen PY, DeAngelis LM. Chemotherapy for low-grade gliomas: emerging consensus on its benefits. Neurology. 2007;68(21):1762–1763. doi: 10.1212/01.wnl.0000266866.13748.a9.
Avastin is a registered trademark of Genentech.
CONTACT: Media and Investors:
Jonae R. Barnes
Investor Relations &