WASHINGTON, May 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing company, today delivered new mobile solutions to empower federal, state and local agencies to connect with each other, citizens and employees in entirely new ways. These new mobile solutions include Rapid Response 311, Mobile Communities for Government, Government Social Command Center and Platform Mobile Services for Government. Now, government can connect and respond to citizens on any device and any channel, accelerate agency collaboration with partners and build mobile government apps faster.
Comments on the News
- "Government organizations everywhere are struggling to deliver a new generation of citizen services in the face of shrinking budgets," said Daniel Burton, senior vice president for government transformation, salesforce.com. "To succeed, they must shed the legacy IT systems designed for the last century and embrace mobile cloud solutions that transform their ability to connect with citizens."
- "Serving the public today means being good stewards of taxpayer dollars and doing far more with far less," said Sonny Hashmi, deputy chief information officer/chief technology officer, U.S. General Services Administration (GSA). "The GSA has developed more than 100 new apps on the Salesforce Platform, averaging more than a 90 percent reduction in total cost of ownership and a 75 percent reduction in development time for the average app."
Connecting Government with Citizens in Entirely New WaysNearly 90 percent of all smart connected devices shipped last year were mobile, according to IDC. More people than ever before are connected, but government is not keeping pace with the mobile revolution. The shift to mobile devices offers exciting new ways for government to connect with citizens and employees quickly and provide a new generation of cost-effective services.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts