Global Automakers Begins Leadership Transition
WASHINGTON, May 21, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- One of the auto industry's most seasoned Washington representatives, Michael J. Stanton, president and CEO of the Association of Global Automakers, announced his plans to retire in early 2014 to spend more time with family and friends.
Stanton, who has spent over 35 years representing motor vehicle manufacturers before Congress, the Executive Branch, and State legislatures, decided to announce his retirement this week to provide the Association with enough time to ensure a successful and seamless change of leadership."After a wonderful and exciting career in the auto industry, capped by seven years at Global Automakers, I am looking forward to spending quality time with my family and pursuing my bucket list," said Stanton. "However, before I leave, there is still work to be done, and I want to ensure the transition for our members and my dedicated staff is a smooth one." "Mike has done an impressive job invigorating Global Automakers, delivering growth, and developing a clear and progressive vision," said John Krafcik, president and chief executive officer of Hyundai Motor America and Global Automakers' chairman of the board. "I have enjoyed working with Mike in a period of great progress for the Association and hope to find a new president and CEO who can continue to lead the organization on the path that has been set." Global Automakers will be retaining an executive search firm and establishing a search committee comprised of member representatives to help find the organization's next President and CEO. In the meantime, Stanton will continue to lead the Association and work on behalf of its members, to foster an open and competitive automotive marketplace that encourages investment, job growth, and the development of vehicles that can enhance Americans' quality of life.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV