Greyrock To Deploy Plants That Monetize Low Value Associated Natural Gas
SACRAMENTO, Calif., May 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Greyrock Energy, Inc. announced today plans to deploy Micro GTL plants capable of converting low value natural gas into premium diesel fuel using Greyrock's next generation conversion technology.
Greyrock's technology enables distributed production of fuels from a variety of abundant gas sources, including natural gas, natural gas liquids, stranded gas resources and associated gas.
Associated gas, which is gas produced in conjunction with oil, is an especially large opportunity. In many cases, this gas is flared due to lack of available infrastructure to get the gas to market. Due to stricter flaring regulations, associated natural gas is seen as a cost of oil production in many areas. According to the World Bank, gas flaring produces some 400 million tons of greenhouse gas emissions per year worldwide.
Greyrock's Micro GTL solutions will be used to eliminate flaring and convert associated gas into a valuable and directly usable transportation grade diesel fuel. Greyrock's diesel fuel is an ASTM specification diesel fuel with premium properties including high cetane, no sulfur, and good lubricity.About Greyrock Energy Greyrock Energy is a provider of breakthrough technologies, enabling customers to produce premium diesel fuel from natural gas or other resources. Founded in 2006 by a team of industry leading scientists and engineers, Greyrock has focused its efforts on the development of next-generation distributed fuel production technologies. Greyrock is changing the way that the world produces liquid transportation fuels. The company is headquartered in Sacramento, California. For more information, visit: www.greyrock.com CONTACT: 800-729-9350 SOURCE Greyrock Energy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV