"We trace our origins to 1856. We began our history as a generic company and then reformed ourselves into a specialty pharma company," Warner Chilcott president and CEO Roger Boissonneault said on the call.
"We expect to enhance our combined company's credit profile and for debt to remain investment grade," Bisaro added on the call, explaining that the increased cash flows brought in from the deal will enable the combined company to manage its debt load.
Actavis specialty brands president Fred Wilkinson explained that the buyer will enter into new areas for its core women's health market in particular. "We add a couple of core areas in women's healthcare we've been evaluating for several years," he said. Also, "we enter into the osteoporosis and hormone replacement therapy business."
The deal also adds gastroenterology, urology and dermatology franchises and additional sales infrastructure, Wilkinson explained.Warner and Actavis together will rank third in terms of specialty product sales, ranking behind Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. and Forest Laboratories Inc. The combined business has 25 total development projects in its pipeline, 15 of which are focused on women's health. "Paul
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV