NEW YORK ( TheDeal) -- Actavis Inc.'s $8.5 billion deal for specialty pharmaceutical company Warner Chilcott plc will serve to enhance the New Jersey drugmaker's revenue mix and balance sheet, and heighten its profile for future dealmaking, executives said on a conference call Monday.
Actavis added 2.3% on Tuesday to $130.08 while Warner jumped 3.8% to $20.34.
"It augments our specialty brand business in our core therapeutic market categories of women's health and urology, as well as expanding into the gastrointestinal sectors, new therapeutic qualities for us," Actavis CEO and president Paul Bisaro said on a conference call on Monday. "The combined company is going to be in the top 20 of global pharmaceutical companies in terms of sales with a substantial presence in both generics and brand products."
Before the deal, about 7% of Actavis' revenue came from branded specialty products; it mostly focused on generic drugs. Post-deal, about 25% of revenue will come from specialty products, according to comments on the call.Higher revenue means increased cash flow and more access to financing for deals, Bisaro noted. "
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV