Presidential Commission On Election Administration Launched
Commission to identify practical, real-world solutions to long voter lines, access to polls.
WASHINGTON, May 21, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Presidential Commission on Election Administration was officially launched today, following President Barack Obama's State of the Union pledge to identify non-partisan ways to shorten lines at polling places, promote the efficient conduct of elections, and provide better access to the polls for all voters.
The 10-member Commission will submit a final report to the President within six months of its first public meeting, which is expected to be held in Washington in June. Headed by Co-Chairs Bob Bauer and Ben Ginsberg, the Commissioners are experts in election administration, policy and procedures, or leaders from customer service-oriented businesses and industry.
"The President's expectation is clear," said Co-Chair Bob Bauer, who served President Obama as White House counsel from December 2009 until 2011, and as General Counsel to the President's re-election committee and to the Democratic National Committee. "The Commission is charged with developing recommendations based on the best information available for administrative practices that afford voters the opportunity to cast ballots without undue delay and improve their overall experience.""Waiting in line and facing other unnecessary obstacles to voting is not a Republican or Democratic issue," said Co-Chair Ben Ginsberg, who served as national counsel to the Bush-Cheney presidential campaigns in 2000 and 2004, and as national counsel to the Romney for President campaigns in 2008 and 2012. "This effort is aimed at assisting state and local election officials in their ongoing work to improve the voter experience under existing election laws. With extensive input from the public and through the broad knowledge and experience each Commissioner brings to the table, we hope to make a contribution to the hard work on improving election administration in which election officials are continuously engaged." The Commission was created by Executive Order 13644, Establishment of the Presidential Commission on Election Administration. Commissioners were appointed by the President. They are:
- Robert F. Bauer, Co-Chair and Member – Partner, Perkins Coie LLP
- Benjamin L. Ginsberg, Co-Chair and Member – Partner, Patton Boggs LLP
- Brian Britton, Member – Vice President, Global Park Operations and Planning at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
- Joe Echevarria, Member – Chief Executive Officer, Deloitte LLP
- Trey Grayson, Member – Director of the Institute of Politics at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University
- Larry Lomax, Member – Clark County ( Nevada) Registrar
- Michele Coleman Mayes, Member – Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary for the New York Public Library
- Ann McGeehan, Member – Assistant General Counsel of the Texas County and District Retirement System
- Tammy Patrick, Member – Federal Compliance Officer for the Maricopa County ( Arizona) Elections Department
- Christopher Thomas, Member – Director of Elections in the Michigan Department of State
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV