EULESS, Texas, May 21, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- U.S. Concrete, Inc. (Nasdaq:USCR) announced today the application of its award winning Aridus ® Rapid Drying Concrete at the Billy Earl Dade Middle School Replacement Project in the Dallas Independent School District. Aridus ® was developed and patented by U.S.C. Technologies, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of U.S. Concrete, Inc.
A multi-functional facility and community revitalization effort in South Dallas, the Middle School is a bond project that needs to be opened by Fall 2013 to meet community needs. Aridus ® Rapid Drying Concrete was used to address concerns of serious flooring issues that could delay the project's completion and cause future moisture issues. Working closely with the general contractor Satterfield & Pontikes Construction, Inc., architect KAI Texas and the school district, the producer Redi-Mix Concrete, LLC, a division of U.S. Concrete, used the unique fast drying and high early strength features of the Aridus ® product to cut the construction schedule by 30 percent, with a projected similar reduction in construction overhead costs.
" One of the things we really liked about the Aridus product was the quality control measures. It makes life easier knowing that when it comes time to install the flooring there won't be moisture mitigation problems as seen in previous projects. With the change in adhesives to low VOC materials, moisture mitigation has become a huge concern in slabs and Aridus will become a part of specifications on projects going forward." KAI Texas.As the result of years of research and development, Aridus ® received a Most Innovative Product Award at the 2013 World of Concrete show. Aridus ® Rapid Drying Concrete is a proprietary concrete mix that provides high early strength, minimal curl, and reduces drying time and risks associated with excess moisture vapor in concrete slabs. The drying time of this innovative concrete, validated by independent industry-approved testing, helps prevent moisture related flooring problems. This enables faster and more effective floor covering installations and helps to keep projects on schedule, while reducing the risk of liabilities associated with the failures of floor covering. "The owner selected Aridus Rapid Drying Concrete to compress the project schedule. It typically will take anywhere between 4 to 8 months to get below 80% relative humidity inside your concrete. With Aridus we achieved this in 21 days, giving us the option to install flooring significantly sooner, which is phenomenal," says Jim Hagemann, Construction Manager, Satterfield & Pontikes Construction Inc. " We created Aridus to solve a serious construction concern. The education, healthcare and technology markets have accelerated schedules and need to reduce their risk of future moisture issues. Like no other product available Aridus meets those needs allowing you to place flooring in as little as 30 days after the concrete is poured. Its quick drying and early strength features are a real game changer for the industry," says Wally Johnson, President of U.S.C. Technologies. RESOURCES
- For more information about U.S. Concrete's Aridus ® Rapid Drying Concrete visit http://www.us-concrete.com/aridus .
- For more information about the Billy Earl Dade Middle School visit http://bit.ly/13vmTzT .
- A rendering accompanying this release is available at http://media.globenewswire.com/cache/23959/file/19848.jpg
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV