Find time for Fitness
, nationally recognized dietician and author urges travelers to "
find time for fitness
." Whether it be a few pushups in the hotel room, or a day of windsurfing on the ocean, there is always a way to stay active:
- Utilize on-site facilities like those at the Riu Santa Fe All Inclusive. This resort has tennis and volleyball courts, five outdoor pools, kayaks and scuba gear.
- Don't be afraid to go off-site and get the kids out of the hotel room. The Riu Tequila All Inclusive offers shuttles to the Xcaret Eco Theme Park, which will keep children (and adults) active all day long.
- Get creative with workouts and try to incorporate some of the area's culture. The Riu Caribe All Inclusive has salsa lessons to keep you moving and help you learn something new.
A Hotels.com survey found that
62 percent of travelers
make a point to try local cuisine while they travel.
, who penned a healthy tips post for TravelSmartBlog.com by Hotels.com, urge travelers to try the fare, but to a point:
- Plan ahead; if you know you're going out for a decadent dinner, take on the resort's salad bar for a light lunch. The Riu Cancun All Inclusive maintains a salad bar during lunch hours.
- Eat smaller portions. Fine dining at the Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas All Inclusive offers multi-course meals that will make you want to keep sampling for hours. By taking small bites, you can taste everything and still leave room for that tres leches cake.
"My Atlanta team SHRED teammates and I have worked so hard over the last six weeks and are so appreciative to Katie and Hotels.com for the tremendous gift for a vacation in
, a weight loss challenge participant. "We weren't expecting anything and since our families have also sacrificed during this challenge we are so grateful to be able to take someone with us."
Hotels.com makes finding the perfect place easy and rewarding, anytime, anywhere at the right price. Stay tuned for more healthy travel tips from travel expert Hotels.com and a monthly sweepstakes from Welcome Rewards® that will be featured on
– Finn Partners for Hotels.comPhone: (212) 593-6310Email:
Taylor L. Cole
Phone: (469) 335-8442Email:
is a leading online accommodation booking brand. Through the Expedia Inc. global network of websites, Hotels.com, LP connects travelers with more than 205,000 properties around the world, ranging from international chains and all-inclusive resorts to local favorites and bed & breakfasts, together with all the information needed to book the perfect stay. Hotels.com, LP benefits from one of the largest hotel contracting teams in the industry, obtaining the best rates for its customers, and offers frequent sales, special deals and promotions. There are more than 7 million
on the websites from users who have actually stayed in the hotels to ensure customers can make an informed choice when booking. Through Hotels.com, LP's industry-leading loyalty program
, customers can earn a free night for every 10 nights stayed at more than 85,000 hotels. Under its
Price Match Guarantee
, if a customer can find the same deal for less on a prepaid hotel, Hotels.com, LP will refund the difference. Travelers can book online or by contacting one of the multilingual call centers. Special apps for mobile phones and tablets can also be downloaded at
enabling customers to book on the go with access to 20,000 last minute deals. Hotels.com publishes an award-winning twice-yearly review of international hotel room price trends called the Hotels.com Hotel Price Index™, which is now produced in 31 individual country editions, with North American data available at
. Follow Hotels.com on Facebook at
, on Twitter at
and on YouTube at
. Hotels.com, LP is part of Expedia, Inc., the largest online travel company in the world with an extensive portfolio that includes some of the world's best-known brands.
Finding You The Perfect Place
and the Hotels.com logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Hotels.com, LP. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. © 2013 Hotels.com, LP. All rights reserved. CST # 2083949-50