NEW YORK, May 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Engineering News-Record (ENR), McGraw Hill Construction's industry-leading information source, will bring together leaders from the major construction markets around the world for the Global Construction Summit 2013, to be held June 6-7 in New York. Approximately 300 design and construction professionals are expected to gather and hear global thought leaders share insights on growth opportunities and solutions to the most pressing global industry challenges.
The Summit will begin with a global economic outlook and explore topics including supply chain management, procurement, how owners build teams for global projects, digital-age cities, and smarter growth.
The event's agenda includes keynote addresses by four industry leaders:
- Paul Sheard , Executive Managing Director/Chief Global Economist & Head of Global Economics and Research at Standard & Poor's, will provide attendees with a global economic outlook for the construction industry.
- Ronald M. DeFeo , Executive Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Terex Corporation, will share his insights on Terex's success in emerging markets, offer best practices for global supply chain strategy, and share ideas on global construction work in the near future.
- Lee A. McIntire , Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, CH2M Hill, will explore reasons for a business to expand internationally, and the opportunities and risks associated with going global.
- Graham D. Robinson , Executive Director, Global Construction Perspectives, will examine how regional construction markets around the world are likely to grow during the period to 2025 and identify opportunities for those seeking long-term growth markets.
Additional speakers include representatives from AECOM; AMEC; Arup; Atkins; Bentley Systems, Inc.; Chevron Corporation; Cisco; the digit group, inc.; DuPont; Fluor Enterprises, Inc.; FMI Capital Advisors, Inc.; Heller Manus; Hines India; KBR, Inc.; Orascom Construction Industries; Parsons Brinckerhoff; Procter & Gamble; Stanford University; Samsung Construction & Trading Corporation, United Rentals; and Virginia Tech.The ENR Global Construction Summit also includes a celebration dinner, sponsored by CMiC, presenting the new ENR Global Best Projects Awards. The Awards, which focus on the challenges, risks and rewards of designing and constructing outside a firm's home country, will be announced in 20 categories ranging from airports to education, as selected by an independent jury of industry leaders in design and construction. The winners will be featured by ENR. The Global Summit's Silver Sponsors are Acumen; AECOM; B4 Consulting; Bentley Systems, Inc.; Bluebeam; CMiC; EarthCam; and Oracle. The Society for Marketing Professional Services and U.S. Green Building Council are Supporting Sponsors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV