NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Joe Deaux met with Scott Colyer, CEO of Advisors Asset Management, to discuss the strong state of the stock market this year.
"You're going to see a pullback," Colyer stated, "unfortunately, I have no way of knowing when that's going to happen." He says no one really knows when it will happen, but that it would be healthy for the market to do so.
Colyer doesn't believe the market is in danger of running out of steam anytime soon, though. "We have a lot farther to go," he says. Colyer points to the enormous amount of monetary policy that currently exists around the world and notes that the retail investor has yet to really participate.
Contrary to popular belief, Colyer actually sees the Federal Reserve's potential tapering of the quantitative easing program as a good thing. He reasons that when the Fed slows their asset-buying programs, it means that the U.S. is close to sustaining its own organic growth.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV