2. As of noon trading, Allstate ( ALL) is down $0.82 (-1.6%) to $48.98 on heavy volume Thus far, 3.0 million shares of Allstate exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $48.53-$49.55 after having opened the day at $49.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.80. The Allstate Corporation, through its subsidiaries, engages in the provision of personal property and casualty insurance, life insurance, and retirement and investment products primarily in the United States. Allstate has a market cap of $23.4 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.8, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 24.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Allstate as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Allstate Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts