3 Stocks Pushing The Financial Services Industry Lower
1. As of noon trading, Bank of New York Mellon ( BK) is down $0.28 (-0.9%) to $30.13 on average volume Thus far, 3.1 million shares of Bank of New York Mellon exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $30.04-$30.60 after having opened the day at $30.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.41. The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation provides various financial products and services worldwide. It operates through Investment Management, Investment Services, and Other segments. Bank of New York Mellon has a market cap of $35.3 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.8, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 18.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Bank of New York Mellon as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Bank of New York Mellon Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the financial services industry could consider Financial Select Sector SPDR ( XLF) while those bearish on the financial services industry could consider Proshares Short Financials ( SEF). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts