2. As of noon trading, Aflac ( AFL) is up $0.68 (1.23) to $56.26 on average volume Thus far, 1.6 million shares of Aflac exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $55.12-$56.27 after having opened the day at $55.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.58. Aflac Incorporated, through its subsidiary, American Family Life Assurance Company of Columbus, provides supplemental health and life insurance products. Aflac has a market cap of $25.8 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.7, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 4.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Aflac a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Aflac as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance, increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Aflac Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts