2. As of noon trading, American Express ( AXP) is up $0.79 (1.06) to $75.19 on average volume Thus far, 2.7 million shares of American Express exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $74.40-$75.41 after having opened the day at $74.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $74.40. American Express Company provides charge and credit payment card products and travel-related services to customers worldwide. American Express has a market cap of $80.6 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.5, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 27.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate American Express a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates American Express as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full American Express Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts