NEWPORT NEWS, Va., May 21, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Huntington Ingalls Industries (NYSE:HII) announced today that René Mathieu has been named vice president and general manager, Avondale Industries Inc., effective May 20. He is responsible for all non-Navy aspects of HII's energy infrastructure business in Avondale, La., including production operations, human resources, business management, engineering and design, facilities management, and fabrication.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://media.globenewswire.com/hii/mediagallery.html?pkgid=18867
Mathieu will work in Avondale and at Avondale's business development office in Houston. He will report directly to Chris Kastner, HII's corporate vice president and general manager, corporate development."René is an experienced executive who brings a wealth of demonstrated success in the energy infrastructure market," Kastner said. "His experience in engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) projects and his background implementing the highest safety and environmental standards will play a critical role in our effort to commercialize Avondale's large-scale engineering and construction experience for the oil, gas and petrochemical markets." Mathieu has more than 30 years of experience in the U.S. and overseas, most recently as commercial vice president for Technip USA Onshore Division. He previously served as general manager of Technip Servicios in Mexico and as senior regional vice president of business development for Foster Wheeler International Corp. He earned a bachelor's degree in civil engineering from Santo Thomas University in Colombia and a master's degree in civil engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV