The SBA already partners with Syracuse University through its the Entrepreneurship Boot Camp for Veterans with Disabilities program. Now in its fourth year, the program also provides training on how disabled vets can start and grow a small business.
The initiative also complements SBA's new partnership with the National Association of Development Companies (NADCO) VetLoan Advantage, a strategic initiative that offers small business financing discounts and rebates on commercial real estate and working capital SBA loans and training to veterans who own businesses or are interested in small business ownership.
Also see: 8 Hot Industries for Startups in 2013NADCO is the national trade association for certified development companies, which are non-profit companies that have been certified by the SBA to provide financing for small businesses under the SBA's 504 loan program - the agency's most-often used long-term financing program. Last year, the industry provided roughly $6 billion in financing to 10,000 small businesses, it said. Under the VetLoan Advantage, veterans are eligible to take advantage of a cash rebate up to $3,000 for every SBA 504 loan funded to help offset their loan expenses, including appraisal and environmental reports. -- Written by Laurie Kulikowski in New York. Follow @LKulikowski To contact Laurie Kulikowski, send an email to: Laurie.Kulikowski@thestreet.com. >To submit a news tip, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV